Sunday, March 6, 2016

Open Data Day



March 5 was international open data day. So of course, being a math geek, I spent an evening listening to a panel talking about open data at Phandeeyar. The number of folks working on open data and providing data to the community is getting larger and larger. It really inspires me to get back to writing posts on the blog. I admit that I don't post as much as I should be.

The frequently asked question that I got these days is where I get my data to make graphs, maps and so on. My old position at Proximity was to keep an eye out for all the numbers/databases that come out regarding Myanmar. That said, there are many sources that I might have missed.

 
My two favorite sources that I regularly check are
1) Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU) run by UN
It has great maps and all sort of interesting datbases.

2) Myanmar Statistical Information Services run by our own government
It's official figures for Myanmar and their website is now very friendly to access data.

Happy Open Data Day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment